Over the Years
- We started in 1897 as a Grain Merchant supplying the needs of an ever expanding mining community, to provide feed for the horse and carriage transport of the period.
- Evolving into a Motor Body Shop with the advent of the motor car, we were one of Johannesburg’s first Panel Beaters in a young city. Johannesburg continued to grow reinventing itself into the industrial capital of South Africa.
- The Cooper family saw the need to start the Engineering Supplies Division. This was launched with the agency for Carver Clamps which to this day, are still sold by the company.
- The 70’s saw the business move gradually towards importing and trading with Mining, Lifting and Safety Equipment, having acquired the agency for the Nitchi range and this having established our footprint in the Engineering Supplies and Mining sector.
- Other lifting related products followed, adding impetus to our growth and soon we held contracts providing quality products to a demanding Industrial sector.The 80’s saw the first branch open in Welkom, thereafter Trichart and Rustenburg followed.
- We continued to build into the new millennium with continued growth in infrastructure and with the additional rollout of countrywide branches and a wider vision. Today we stand proud with more than 100 years of service to industry, still employing members of the original pioneering family that cast the strong foundation of what we are today. Together with all the new innovations in modern technology and substantial human and capital investments, we ensure that we represent the best in the industry.
Level 1 BBEEE
- Taken over by new shareholders Copper and Cooper is now a Level 1 BBEEE Company